- Wine and Dine, which opened only a month ago where Mickey's was, has already closed.
- A new book shop Plato opened this weekend just down the road from Newtown institution Goulds.
- Inner West Live launches. Check it out !
- Mayor of Newtown turned one (148 in the real world, only two years until the sesquicentenary)
- All quiet this month. Some minor mods to the Hive D.A.
- Mostly residential applications on the council website
- Another Iiza review
- The Bloodwood buzz continues, with reviews in Barzine, Sydney Morning Herald, Sydney Restaurant Review, Time Out, and several blogs amongst others
- Midnight Thai, behind the 7-11, is closed until problems with their exhaust fan are fixed to the satisfaction of council. Their neighbours at the coffee shop are still going strong
- Some publicity for the excellent Newtown history site
- Popular newcomer Luxe Bakery gets named for dodgy soy milk
- Stay tuned for some news regarding the Hub ...