Meanwhile the interminable Energy Australia (now re-branded AusGrid - at least their info shop near the old Effies) works roll on.
- Charming World grocer - in the distant and seldom visited upper reaches of King St - wins the award for best new name this edition.
- Ramen Bar adds some spice to the ground floor of Berkelouw in Newtown (which was opened by KRudd ex-PM - they forgot the Mayor). Already reviewed on Street Food.
- A new(ish) cafe Pickwick's on Enmore Road is getting good reviews.
- Much loved North Newtown institution Rosalinas is for lease
- Crepe Kingdom on Enmore Road didn't last long; looks like some financial issues
- The Eatery opposite old Elizabeths site is boarded up - not sure if for renovations or replacement. Anyone ?
- Braintree Hemp and VietMaison north of Missenden Road both shut up shop recently
- A small bar to replace Pleasure Zone (above) ?
- A games Cafe on North King Street (details - while the DA is active)
- Three Newtown bookstores in a recent Sydney Top 10
- There is a DA with Marrickville Council to redevelop the TA Andrews funeral home on Enmore Road into apartments and shops (commenter on Hatches VII)
- After 30 years, Edgeware Family Practice is moving to a practice in Church St Newtown (also from the comments)
- Sopranos near the Hub has started live music - as has Corridor, which is also hosting some Comedy Festival acts